Spring Sprint

Friday, November 4, 2011

almost a year

good morning ..... well it is almost one year with my CI ... what a year it has been for me .... this time last year I was not allowing myself to believe that I might be able to hear sounds again let alone my wife's voice, my sons laughter or the grand children ....... 
The other day I was out on the trails with my buddy and I was hearing this very loud noise --- what is noise I asked him ?? He said it is the water in the brook but it is very full and running very fast so we went over to it and it was soooooo loud to me .... amazing .....
Now this is gonna sound really weird but the other day the furnace came on and there was a new sound I was hearing --what is that --no one home so I am going around the whole house trying to figure out what the noise is ....... then it shuts off ..... think ..... think .... had to be the fan blowing the hot air up so I just waited and a few hours later back on came same noise and sure enough --- hot air blowing out --- these simple things make me laugh so hard .....
I still have some problems understanding some people ...the more I spend time with people the better it gets --of course if I control the conversation I seem to get more but not always .....
Every day I smile about some new sound I hear or just the fact that I can hear sounds and I always count my blessing each night ...
Have a great FRYDAY ...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment