Spring Sprint

Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, Saturday

Well I cannot believe it has been couple weeks since I have been on this blog but the weather was sooo bad it was depressing and then this past week we had sun every day and I had a list a mile long of things that needed doing ................... today , Saturday and wet again so getting caught up on some inside jobs .....
Well first for Adrienne, the day after seeing you I switched to program 2 and have been there ever since ...I had the sound lower at first but now right up at the middle level and it is great . I am picking up a lot more sounds now ...like I can hear the keep pads as I am typing and I did not hear them before .................... 
Last week I went to have dinner at a friend's home and there 5 guys invited. We used to spend most Thursday nights together on our boat years ago. We had not been together for over a year . They were amazed at my CI and how well it worked . Now on a one to one -- I got it all --sitting out on the deck in a group --I knew when someone spoke but not always what was said and when all talked it was a lot of noise but when I explained to the guys --one fellow said -- Hey just hearing the noise must be pretty awesome and it is ..........
This week I did get out for a short hike with Rick and as we were walking back down the trail I could hear the birds in the woods and it was so neat -- 2 months ago I did not hear them ......
I had a lot of work to do outside this week and so I hooked up the MP3 player in my phone and it plugs in direct to the CI and I had music playing steady all day ..... it was awesome for me and I find that when I repeat the same  songs over and over that I get a better understanding of the words ........................ 
I am just loving this whole new experience in my life .............
Have a great weekend ............................. Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment