Spring Sprint

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10/2011

Another wet day but we cannot complain really -- we are safe and our homes and families are safe while so many people are not so lucky so no complaints about the weather BUT Singing -- 
 " Rain, Rain go Away !!!" that is allowed .......LOL ....
On Tuesday I volunteer at the hospital in the computer site -- most times I do not do a lot but the site is open from 10 - 2 and they need a person in charge ... some days I do help some people ..last Tuesday I had rushed to get here for 10 am and after 2 pm I went upstairs to visit a friend. I was with him about 10 minutes when my CI shut down as battery was dead so I said just a minute and dug in my pocket and no battery --- 1st time since Dec 8th that I did not have the batteries in my pocket so I said I gotta go .....Home I went --it is about a 10 minute drive -- it was so weird to not hear any sounds at all .... I did not like that and was so happy as soon as the CI was activated again .... +
That night we , Rhonda and I were watching TV and I really wanted to try to hear it so I had the volume on the CI cranked way way up -- I could hear TV --not understand all but a little then they said something funny and Rhonda laughed out loud !!!!! Oh Man --it was like a mega phone was in my ear --- it hurt hahhahha ... I turn it down when we are in the room together but when I am alone I crank the sound on TV to 30 and turn up CI --- yup it is loud but it helps me --- again I am sure that as time goes on this will get better .....
On the weekend Rhonda and I looked after Lara (1+) and Aidan (3+) ... we had so much fun and kids were great but when Lara screamed it was pretty loud as I had the CI turned up so I could hear the kids --- Aidan talks very softly but he did repeat a lot for me and we were able to figure out what he wanted so again much better than last time with kids ...
I am adjusting the volume for different situations and I am seeing changes every week .....
Wind in the CI is almost deafening some times and I found wearing a stocking cap over CI makes a big difference in the wind -- not sure how that will look mid July on Queensland beach but  we will see  LOL .....
ok just wanted to add my up date -- have a great day and just enjoy the liquid sunshine ----- Chris  

No comments:

Post a Comment