Spring Sprint

Saturday, May 28, 2011

End off May

Saturday night and we are home relaxing and I thought that maybe I better get caught up on my Blog ................... life is good I am really glad to say ... it has been 6 months now since I had my implant turned on and I have come so far in that time frame --- every week I hear more and more and I also learn what situations I just cannot hear in and also that some people I just cannot understand but I am learning that .....
The other night a friend was here for dinner and after we were all doing the dishes -- we do not  have a dish washer so Rhonda was washing and Jan and I were drying and all of a sudden I said what is that  noise and they both looked at me --- the water was draining out of the sink and it was the first time that I hear it ,,,, I laughed so loud at that ...
Then on Friday morning I was outside doing some work and I hear this noise , a new sound and I have no idea what it is --I know it is a motor but nothing out on the street then I look in the back yard which backs onto a soccer field and a worker was out there with his gas powered whipper snipper .......
Thursday night I went bass fishing with two of my buddies and all of a sudden I hear this squawking sound and  I look up and there is a sea gull flying overhead and again I laughed out loud .....
That is how my life is going and I am so enjoying it and thank the good lord every night that I am so lucky , Friday night we did go to a local pub to hear the band that was playing --it is always a very noisy place --- I might as well have been deaf because  I could not understand any of it because of all the noise -- I still enjoyed my self but no hearing in that situation ...... lots of speech reading to communicate there . 
Ok , I am going to say good night ... sure hope all that read  this have an enjoyable weekend and  will blog again soon ......... Chris  

No comments:

Post a Comment