Spring Sprint

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Night ...

WELL  I am sitting here with my MP3 player hooked up and Charlie A'Court playing --- Heartaches of a Fool -- which was taped Live at the Marigold ---- I am just loven it --- the guitar is awesome --- words are not all clear but that is ok -- music is awesome ----- so another busy week in the Fry household but the weekend  was the best hearing wise both positive and negative ....
Friday night there was a fund raiser at Rhonda's school for Harvest House in Windsor ---it is a place that helps the homeless with meals ---- very worthwhile cause and the young lady that organized it all was in grade 10 and is  15 years old ,,,she did an excellent job ... there were 4 sets and first Caitlin spoke as she organized the event and I could understand more than 50% of what she said ,,, that was neat ..the first entertainer was Peter Gibson , he played the guitar, the mouth organ and he sang ....the Guitar I got , the mouth organ only that their was a new sound not what it was but because I could  see him I knew and his singing was not clear .... next was Merle Jacklyn and he played the guitar and it was awesome -- he sang and most songs I could not get but  when he sang Folsom Prison --- I was rocking hahhahhah ,,,  the next two acts were the same .... I left feeling really good and enjoyed it completely ....
Saturday was the Walk for Spring Sprint and I was fired up -- I reached my goal for fundraising .....I was not completely organized to go and so rushed at the end and guess what ---- half  way to Halifax realize I forgot my spare batteries for the CI ----dam , no time to go back so on we went and we got registered and the opening talks and 1/2 way thru my batteries die..... I am not happy -- we did the walk and family bbq at my niece place all as a deaf man .....taught me a good lesson but Did I not say that a week ago when I forgot my batteries ----- I really need to try harder to remember ...
Ok we get home and get hooked back up and so weird --everything for first hour sounded very different almost like I was in a cave and all echoes --- Rhonda said I had 5 hours no sound to my brain and then noise so another adjustment ... very interesting ......
Today we went to church in Hantsport because our parish priest had returned after a break ---- now it is a single room place and lots of echoes --- when father Mike spoke I could get maybe 50% of what he said --- when the lady that was doing the reading spoke I got maybe 5 % --interesting again as it all depends on voice sounds --the singing was all a blur,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
okay ..that is my update -- I am playing the volume control a lot and it makes difference
Have a great week ............................... Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment