Spring Sprint

Sunday, April 3, 2011

sunday again

Sunday , last week just flew by ... I mean that , it was Monday then Fryday ....... wow ... Monday/Tuesday we went a retirement seminar put on by the teachers union. What a pile of information and we learned so much. Rhonda will now decide exactly when she will retire and I am hoping it will be sooner rather later. Now we sat right in the front and all presenters used handouts and displays on the screen and I could see all the presenters very well and I could hear them all. First thing in the day I would say I was hitting 90% of what was said using all that was available to me by late in the afternoon as I was more tired it dropped to 75% . There was only one female presenter that I really had trouble with and one man spoke very very fast so that was difficult but overall I did very well and was quite proud of myself. I did not get any of the ?? from the group as they were asked but Rhonda told me any that were very important.
On way home on Tuesday , Rhonda had marking to do in the car so I just hooked up the mp3 and listened to some music --- sweet.
Wednesday was a normal day here and that evening I was doing the dishes and thinking about my mp3 player and thought If I can hear the music that is saved why can I not hear the radio that I have in my player so got all the player hooked up and sure enough it worked --listened to Q104 and CBC ...took forever to get the dishes down I was having so much fun with radio. Now words are not clear most times in either the music or the talking but it is good for my brain and some  words do come and each time things are repeated they get clearer. Thursday was out on the trails with my buddies and we had a great day . Friday errands all over the place --  and Saturday was my grand son Aidan's  3rd birthday party and the kids had so much fun and I did great hearing them all and last night was a 50th surprise party for a good friend and we really had a good time and again I was able to do very very well and so many people are so interested in the CI and so happy for me that I really do feel so lucky to have such good friends. 
That is it for today and I hope that all have a good week . 
And yes I am hoping for sun and warm this week !!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment