Spring Sprint

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday .....

Hey all ... Saturday ...I am so sad at all that is happening in our world .... my heart just goes out to all those people in the Pacific ....... it is such a tragedy. We all need to count our blessing every day and be thankful for each day .
I left you on Tuesday and it was a pretty normal day, except for one thing. I was making some lunch and all of a sudden a heard this noise like -- bing bing bing ,,, what is that and I look around and I had left the fridge door open and it was the warning bell --- I had never heard it before !!! and Tuesday night I went a meeting about our food bank and I sat right up front and I knew what was on the agenda as we have to move because the roof is leaking very badly where we are. There were about 25 people there and at the beginning while they all talked it was difficult for me but once the meeting got going and the fellow that was chairing the meeting speaks in a  very clear low voice I was able to follow what he was saying ----  it was pretty neat ..... Wednesday was food bank day and we worked hard because beside our normal routine we were also packing up all the food getting ready for a move. But no definite location confirmed for us yet, Thursday I was at the computer site at the hospital and it was not very busy but I could hear everyone  as they walked up and down the hall --- just hearing the walking sounds is pretty cool when u have nor heard anything at all for a long time .
Friday , I met my cousin for coffee in Halifax and she is at the stage with her hearing where I was about 15 years ago and so we had a great chat about the implant, about deafness and hearing aids and about frustrations we both felt and also a good chat about tinnitus ,,, Cathy is doing so well and hopefully she will be able to consider a CI at some point in the future ,,,,then I went to see Adrienne to check my CI. Well I had an MP# player and there is a direct hook up to the CI and I really wanted to know if I could get it working but we tried for over 30 minutes and no luck and then we found that my processor was not working on one of my 3 programs so it is gone to California to get checked over and Adrienne loaned me one she had. Then i spent a few hours caching in the city and then a trip to airport to get my son Mark .... I walked into teh airport and imeddiatly hear this announcement being made ... no idea what was said but HEY ,,,, I used to walk around the airport and hear nothing so an announcement was cool ...... Mark is great -- he has a very low voice so I hear him very well but he talks so fast that no one can understand him so we get a number of repeats but it is such a blessing to hear the voices of my sons .....
Okay , have a great weekend ..... and blog next week ..................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment