Spring Sprint

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday already ..........................

hello Blog ..... I did not forget you I have just been quite busy but I have stored a few things I wanted to share with you ..... Saturday was the morning in New Minas grocery shopping while R did her class in Wolfville . I still get amazed that I can ask a question to a clerk and know if they have replied and many times not ask them to repeat . we were back home for lunch and we got this idea about moving a whole bunch of furniture around in the house . It could not be all on the same floor , too simple . We were moving stuff from the living room upstairs to Rhonda work den and other stuff back down stairs . 5 hours cuz one job led to another to another -- u know .. anyway the neat thing for me was that I could holler upstairs and ask a question of Rhonda and as long as her replies were "Yes" or "NO" ... i could get it , maybe a repeat once or twice but it meant I did not have to run up and down ..... that is pretty neat stuff ....
Sunday home and then Sunday night we went out to dinner with 2 friends of ours . The Port pub in Port Williams is where we went and it was quite busy and so it was very noisy --- 1st time that I have ever adjusted the volume on the CI but i had to turn it down ... that is part of using a CI ... it has 3 programs and you switch between for different environments. I have always left it at a loud setting to get all the noises but now am starting to adjust it manually for different situations and it helps ... Our dinner was great and I was able to get most of the conversations that had on a one to one but with all the background noise some was very difficult to understand. 
Since we moved the furniture around we then decided that Rhonda work den needed to be painted so that is what I have been doing all week and it is almost done and looks great . I did not have any radio on or anything in the room and I had the  door closed so no bird sounds .... it was so quiet except when i moved the ladder and that kind of stuff it was weird to not hear anything --- hard to explain as u would think after 12 years of deafness I would understand quiet but this really different ... I kept going " hello"   "hello" ,,just to hear myself hahhahahhahahah
Tuesday night we went to Nick & Lisa place for supper and Lara was soo cute and I had the CI turned up loud so most times  all I heard was a squeak  when she spoke but when she hollered ,,,, oh man it was loud .... Aidan has a soft voice but I could hear him and understand him when he looked at me ..it will all come with the kids I know and I want them comfortable with Grampy Fry ..
I am using the loudest setting most of the time and this morning I went out to clean off the little bit of snow that fell last night and it was crisp and clear outside and I could hear my feet walking in the snow ,,,, crunch,crunch and hear the snow shovel in the snow --- it was awesome to be there and hear that I cannot explain how something so simple just made me so happy ......
ok part of all the moving was taking down a shelf in the hallway and now that the room is all ready to be put back together I have to go paint the hallway where the shelf was .... 
Sun is out so enjoy this Thursday ... till later  

No comments:

Post a Comment