Spring Sprint

Saturday, February 5, 2011

saturday morning

Snow , snow and more snow coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I really do not mind it and Rhonda hsa been home for a few snow days ...... okay  been quite a week and it ended with a visit to Adrienne for a tune up on the CI . On Thursday night we went to the Heart concert in Halifax. My first with the CI . THE place was packed so very noisy but that what people are is noisy !!! I did not get any of the singing but the light show and heavy rock I got and I can honestly say that I totally enjoyed the concert although so much was just loud noise in my head ... kinda hard to explain but I completely enjoyed it .  Last night we were out to a friends for dinner and there was just the 4 of us at their place and I was able to follow all conversations ok . As the night goes on and I become tired the listening becomes harder but I really did well and it was a great feeling. Dinner was excellent !! Thanks Steven ...
Friday afternoon I saw Adrienne and after some testing she said that I am doing fine but we still have a ways to go . What I need to do is keep turning up the volume on the CI each day or so and to continually challenge my brain . What happens to me is that I get comfortable in one hearing setting and I do not change it but when I do that it is kinda like treading water ...I do not move forward so Challenge I will do .....................
Two of the grand boys are coming sometime today for a sleep over and so so I intend to see how much I can hear with the volume up higher for a while ............
Okay , hope that all have a great weekend and that we do not get tooooooo much more snow ...Later ..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment