Spring Sprint

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunny Sunday Morning !!!!

What a beautiful sunny morning and hopefully if Rhonda gets the school work done early we will go out on the snow shoes again . We both enjoy that .
Well last night at the dinner was a whole new experience for me . First the acoustics in the fire hall where the dinner is held are not very good so a lot of sounds bouncing around ..there were 70 + folks for dinner so it was very noisy . I had the CI turned up and when I was talking to people and everyone around me was talking it was almost impossible to concentrate on my conversation. there was just so much noise all coming in but as the evening moved on and people sat for dinner it became easier for me to chat . Everyone that I talked with was very interested in the CI and how it works . I am continually meeting someone that says they know others that have a CI and what a difference it has made in their lives.  One person I met last night that really made an impact on me was a gentleman who told me his grand daughter had 2 CI ... I asked how old she was and she is 4 years old . She was born deaf . Can you imagine ?? I just get goose bumps when I think about this little girl. the grand mother often looks after the little girl and so we had a great chat about how I hear sounds and noise and was able to describe for her somethings she often wanted to ask her grand daughter --- totally amazing and miraculous ---- my head was spinning by the time  dinner was all over but it was a great experience for me and a super success as a fund raiser ................
I hope that all enjoy their sunny Sunday and have a great week ....

No comments:

Post a Comment