Spring Sprint

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday already ..................................

Sunny Thursday .. Adrienne will be proud of me i am on level 3 today with my CI and turned up over 1/2 ...... yeah those birds are now right in the center of my head hahahhahah ... I will leave it there for today and see how I do ....the noise does give me head aches but I can honestly say that I can notice a difference in many things when I keep the sound up loud. It just that everything gets magnified and that is the hard part. On Tuesday I was out geo caching with my three buddies, Ken, Rick and Brian ... we had a great day ... brain was the driver most of the day and i was in back seat ... I could tell easily who was talking but if I wanted to know what was being said I usually had to ask ,, but I did get a lot of what was being said ... one neat thing happened -- we were on a side road mid afternoon and i was down the road from the guys and all of a sudden one of them hollers out -- I am guessing he said my name --I looked up and they pointed behind me --  it was a school bus coming and I had not yet heard it .... that was pretty neat to me that they could holler and get my attention ....the other day  our friend jan was over twice in three days and we talked a lot and i can honestly say that by the end of the 2nd visit I was not only able to understand her so much more I could also hear her more clearly and the vibrations in her voice were less and less . So it will take time but it will work .I am feeling so confident about all of this ...wow .... 
One more thing yesterday I was out for my walk ( proud of myself as it was cold but I went anyway ) and i met two different people and it was so great to say something to a person and hear that they replied to you and also to understand what they said --- how many times did I meet people and say .. nice day or something like that and smile and move on because I could not communicate with them ... I had an extra bounce in my step after meeting people on my walks --- 
okay Hope that you all have a great day .. tonight I having dinner with a friend that i have not seen since my CI and it is just he and I so it will be interesting to see how it goes .... stay tuned ....




 

No comments:

Post a Comment