Spring Sprint

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Morning

Last night I am having dinner with Nick and he says .." So what's the matter with you ? all Ok ? " I said i am fine why ?? He said no Blogs for 6 days ?? My answer was well life has been pretty normal and i did not want to bore any one .... but I do have a few things that happened over the last few days so read on :
The other day I stopped for gas . Now I usually always go in side to pay but this day in a hurry so I decided to pay at the pumps -- imagine my surprise when I started hearing all these beeps every time I pressed a button -- oh man it was funny ...so next time you gas up outside, while u are punching in numbers and beeps are going off think of me and have a smile ---
Next , I was out in the woods with my friend Brian and I hear something and i am not sure what it is ? so i ask , what is that noise I am hearing, it is faint but I hear something. It is so quiet in the woods --Brian says --It is a "crow" ... amazing ....a little later in the day my batteries quit so I change batteries and hook back up and say to Brain , Ok say something -- well he mouths all these words but I cannot hear him ...then starts to laugh and says ..oh u want me to say something out loud !!! what a character .....
I have stayed on the same program for past 2 weeks with the CI  and as things start to get a bit clearer and less echo's I have turned up the volume. So today  I switched up to the next program and the echo's are back but hopefully they will blend in soon .....
Here is what I am noticing when my battery stop -- if I am by myself at home and battery stops some times it tales me a little bit before I realize no noise anywhere . I have been deaf for 12 years so the silence alone is pretty normal ... if battery stops while I am doing something that I hear or I am with someone that is talking I notice right away . There is no warning it just shuts off . What I do notice is that when I take the CI off at night or say to get dressed what a "void" it feels with no sound .....
If I am in a room with 2 people and i talk with one of them , I am ok doing that . then if they talk together I know that they are talking but no idea about what is being said ....so although I hear in that situation I do not understand .....
The other night we went to a movie at theater with open captions --- I have been to OC movies before but this was first time  with a CI and I have to say that with the sound and captioning it was all pretty neat and I did understand most of the movie but I had a head ache after it was over from concentrating so much ...
okay , tonight should be an interesting experience for me ... once every two months the local cachers meet at Boston pizza for dinner and chit chat . This will be my first time since I got the  CI so should be interesting ..
That is it for today ......hope that you all have a "Good One" .........

1 comment:

  1. And it's always noisy at Boston Pizza, Chris, especially when we have 25 or 30 geocachers swapping tales from the trails! Looking forward to seeing you and everybody tonight!

    ReplyDelete