Spring Sprint

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday am

Well yesterday that new program was very loud in my head and it also used three batteries up . complete -- that is compared to about 1 1/2 in the old program ...
Last night at the pub when we arrived it was very noisy and band was playing ...  I describe the hearing sensation. as .. the noise was like a rock crusher operating and I could not hear the band at all ..... later in the evening as it got a bit more quiet and the band played when they sang I could tell some one was singing but it was very  very far off and a very high voice ---  but I think the back ground noise had a lot to do with it ..
I am going to confess that at one point last night I said to myself - I am going to turn this CI off and then I said -- why ?? are you going to be selective in what you hear ?? and at that point I did realize that I need to wear this 100% of the time to train my brain and in all honesty ...I did not wanna give up the noise even though it was not comfortable . So today I have turned the CI down just a bit and it is more comfortable and I am betting that I will do fine  ...You know why cuz the birds are singing and I still hear them but now it is background noise and not a magnified sound that overrides everything else . we will see .....
So off to the mall to finish a little shopping and then tonight a birthday get together for a good friend so that will be another new experience ......
Happy Saturday to all .....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment